Multimedia system plugin introspection
GStreamer Inspector is an introspection data viewer for the GStreamer multimedia framework. Developers of GStreamer applications can use it to find out about the various elements available in the system.
It can be thought of as a graphical variant of the
gst-inspect program, which currently serves as the canonical source of introspection information for most developers.
This program is free software under the terms of the GNU GPL.
Source code is maintained using git:
A bug tracker can be found on the Launchpad project page.
The program presents:
- Element details — description, classification, rank, authors, interfaces, URI protocols, class hierarchy
- Plugin details — description, version, license, source module, binary package, filename, origin
- Pad information — direction, availability and caps
- Properties — description, inheritance, flags, data type, default value, value ranges, flags and enum value names and nick names
- Signals — inheritance, parameters and return type
Finding elements is fast and straightforward:
- Find-as-you-type functionality of the list view gets you to any element by name with a few strokes
- Filtering — restrict element list by author, binary package, caps name, classification, interface, license, parent class, source module, URI protocol
- Uses a compact on-disk cache to achieve fast program startup time (after the first run) and reasonably low memory usage
Tested on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) and Windows Vista.
To install, extract the tarball and follow the directions found in the